Sunday, March 27, 2011

Meaty Spaghetti Sauce

I got his recipe from Taste of Home magazine. I tried it on spaghetti first, but didn't care for it. Now I just use it for lasagna meat or as a manicotti filling. It makes a huge batch. I can only fit a half batch in my crockpot, but I will write the regular recipe out below. You can always just half it, if you need to. A half batch makes plenty. I have enough to make 4 dishes with just the half batch. I use what I need and then freeze the rest.
Step 1: Cook the beef, Italian sausage, onions and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink, drain.
Step 2: In crockpot stir together tomatoes, tomato paste, water, sugar, worcestershire, and seasonings.

step 3: Add the meat.
Step 4: Cover and cook on low for 8 hours until bubbly. Remember to discard your bay leaves.
Step 5: Freeze your leftovers. Stamp of Approval Spaghetti Sauce ( Taste of Home Feb/Mar 2009 issue)


2 lb ground beef

1/4 c. minced parsley

3/4 lb bulk italian sausage

2 t. dried basil

4 medium onions, finely chopped

1 t. dried oregano

8 garlic cloves, minced

4 bay leaves

4 cans (14.5 oz ea) diced tomatoes

1 t. rubbed sage

4 cans (6oz ea) tomato paste

1/2 t. salt

1/2 c. water

1/2 t. dried marjoram

1/4 c. sugar

1/2 t. pepper

1/4 c. worcestershire sauce

1 comment: