Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Pepperjack Chicken over Rice

Finally, a recipe created by my own brain :)
There are no measurements for this recipe, use as much or as little of each ingredient as you like/need.

Step 1: Cut chicken breasts into bite sized pieces. Heat a teaspoon of vegetable oil in an oven safe pan. Add chicken to hot pan and sprinkle with packaged taco seasoning.
Step 2: In your rice cooker make some white rice cooked in chicken broth. You can also do this on the stovetop in a pan if you don't have a rice cooker.

Step 3: Once your chicken is cooked, top with pepperjack cheese. Or in our case, part of it with pepperjack and the other part with a mexican cheese mixture. Cause the kids don't like spicy stuff so much.



Step 4: Place the pan in the oven preheated to 350 degrees and cook until cheese is melted.


Step 5: Serve your chicken over the rice and add some more cheese to the top. It makes it a little more healthy & tasty if you add some butter, salt & pepper to your rice also.




Makes great leftovers for work the next day. see the healthy globs of butter? :)






1 comment:

  1. MMM looks good, I like your made up recipe, I have a bunch of those, someone will ask for a recipe of something I made and then its like, uhhh, let me tell you how I make it but I don't know measurements, lol.

    ReplyDelete