Monday, October 17, 2011

Meatball and/or Pepperoni Subs


Well my husband has had big meatball cravings lately, so I tried this recipe out.  Now I am not a big beef eater, so this tastes great with extra pepperoni and NO meatballs!  This is the meatball recipe I used....  http://blogs.babble.com/family-kitchen/2011/02/10/ultimate-meatball-sub-sandwich/
I made the meatballs exactly as the recipe calls for, except for the onion, because I didn't have any.
 However, I did just use jarred spaghetti sauce.  I had a bunch I had frozen, which is what I do whenever I have a little extra sauce from a meal.
 I also spread butter on the inside of my sub buns and toasted them.  After toasting, I smashed open a clove of garlic and rubbed it on the buns.
 Here are the meatballs as they cook in the sauce :)
 I put meatballs, pepperoni, cheese and some sauce on the buns.  Then put it under the broiler for a few minutes.
Not the best picture, but this is mine BEFORE I took off the meatballs!  haha, too meaty for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment